Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Secret Slippers of Marie Antoinette

If Marie Antoinette had little slippers made especially for her by her garden fairies, where might she hide them from the prying eyes of the non-believers? (tee hee :) I'm obsessed with Marie or perhaps I am just obsessed with her obsession for pretty things. Happily, I know I am not alone.



Below is a video demonstration on how to assemble an altered match box in Marie Antoinette style. I have not yet decorated the inside as this secret will be revealed in part 2 of this charming tale of elegance meets magic.



Download the template here and get ready to create some Marie magic of your own.
Marie Antoinette Style Match Box

7 comments:

Createology said...

What a great template and thank you for sharing. This little fanciful box is so pretty.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

JUST FABULOUS!!! If you are interested in seeing my attempt at my first doll, go to my HOT OFF THE PRESS blog and see my first book. The cover has a "marionnette" doll on it, but oh my goodness, I have a way to go! Then go to NOWHERE and see my paper rats on my little stage....I am trying!

Thanks Kitty, Anita

Sueann said...

Loving the template!! Yours turned out beautifully! I have one question though? How do you stay so clean? My cutting board has paint on it. My hands would have glue dried on the finger tips. I would be a mess??!! LOL!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hi Kitty!
Thank you ever so much for visiting my book-binding experiment! I am going to keep at it until I get it right!!! It means a lot to me that you would come and see it because you are very skilled and much admired for your work.

I can't wait to dabble into more!

Have a beautiful day, Anita

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Kitty, that is an adorable box! Just as cute as can be! Thanks for the demonstration. I might even be able to do this with your tutorial! FUN! Thanks...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Auntie Cake said...

Hi,
Just found your blog by way of Rosemary from Ozma of Odds. What a delightful time I had visiting with you! I adore all your sweet, magical and whimsical creations you have going on here. So much fun to find you!
Kate

. said...

nicely writen....wel said hope to see more...............outsourcing companies in india