Monday, June 1, 2009

Doll No. 1 Spends Quality Girl Time in North Dakota

Enjoying ice cream straight from the carton, pillow fights and pajama parties, doing each other's hair, telling secrets. These are a few things girlfriends enjoy and our Doll No. 1 of the Traveling Paper Art Doll Symposium (TADS) was no exception. She spent a perfectly delightful time with Anita in North Dakota who made her a fancy frock, lavished her with a crown and baked her sweet treats to take with her on her journey. Be sure to visit Anita's blog Praierie Papier Ponderer for more on this story!


May 20, 2009
Dear Diary,

I arrived in Beulah excited, a bit tired and without luggage! Yes, you heard me. My clothes . . . all gone! Even so, I had a fantastic time with my new friend, Anita . . .she is sooooo funny and she made me laugh so much! We talked until the wee hours of the morning and ate chocolate ice cream. She eats it right from the carton . . how fun is that?!


We worked in her studio and she made me this special dress. I love it! She was going to make herself a matching one but she ran out of paper. And the occasion? Her birthday!!! I am so happy I get to celebrate it with her! We had a great time and I'll miss her. I hope she keeps in touch. Until next time . . toodles!



I am just thrilled with my fancy new frock, the argyle journal background and the gorgeous colors of this magnificent contribution. Thank you so much Anita, for being part of this magical experience. I absolutely love it!

Our girl is now on her way to sunny Arizona. Oh, what wonders await her there.

5 comments:

Artist Victoria O'Neill said...

love the latest entry and her new dress especially. thank you for adding my link....i'll do the same for you. :)

Anita Van Hal said...

Hey Kitty! Thank you so much for the nice blog entry! I appreciate "the recognition!" It was my deepest pleasure to work on TADS with you...you've done an amazing thing here...can't wait to see how it all plays out...I am so thankful that you like "your" dress and journal entry! Hugs! Anita

Gossamer Creations said...

I love your dress (how fun to have a paper doll of yourself). Sooo cute ! Have a great day.
~Sue~

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

So much fun! Blessings.

Unknown said...

Thank you girls! I am so appreciative for your visits and beautiful comments. This is so incredibly exciting for me to have so much talent contributing to this project.

xoxo
~Kitty Kellie