Sunday, May 17, 2009

Where in the World is Doll No. 2?

After a brief but very enchanting visit to Paris for a birthday shopping spree, our girl is now en route to Pennsylvania.



When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be?
Will I be pretty? Will I be rich?
Here's what she said to me.



The technique used in the title page is the same faux silk technique used in the first journal. With this technique, stamped, and crumpled tissue paper is glued on to the blue background. The wash painted on first and then lightly salted to give the crystal effects. Happily this one doesn't make me think of wall decor at the Overlook Hotel. Remember the Shining? Yeah, nuff said there but you can see what I'm talking about here.


I actually did not know what I wanted to use as the theme for my page. I started by writing a short journal entry and the page practically created iteslf! My inspiration was the fact that I had just created a human form that was literally naked! Well, birthday and naked turned into a shopping spree in Paris and a page was born!


Scroll down to the next entry for photos of the journal page and entry.

3 comments:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hi dear gal! I would love to put an image, maybe the symposium on my sidebar to advertise your classes. Is that o.k? I hope you are well. Drop me a line sometime to catch up. Thanks and blessings, Amy

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Ohh... I figured it out. I will add it now! Thanks dear.

Unknown said...

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for your kind words and visit. I would be just thrilled to have you join us. I have added your name to the list. I will come see you on your blog as well.

Sending you fairy magic for a creative day!

Cheers! =D
~Kellie