Saturday, May 2, 2009

Traveling Paper Art Doll Symposium

During my recent travels through the virtual jungle I came across a project called 1000 journals. Below is an exert from an Amazon.com review of the book by Danusha Goska.
Someguy began the "1000 Journals" project in San Francisco. He purchased 1000 blank journals and sent them around the world. He gave them to friends and left them in coffee shops, book stores, and libraries -- and even on park benches. People wrote in them, drew sketches, painted pictures, glued-in photos, and then passed them on. Instructions inside the cover ask that each contributor scan his/her pages and email them to Someguy for posting on the website.


I let this fantastic and magical idea swirl around in the creative nebula of my mind for awhile, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to bring it forward and incorporate it into a project of my own. In the spirit of this concept, it is with much enthusiasm and excitement that I announce the Traveling Paper Art Doll Symposium.


I will be sending out unfinished paper dolls beginning May 4th to participating members of my ning network The Artful Paper Doll along with a journal in which to document both her creation and her travels. Participants will be instructed to add 1 thing only to the doll along with a journal entry or they can create a journal entry only. I will ask that entries and doll additions be digitally photographed or scanned and sent to me so that I can follow her progress on my blog. Once the journal is full, the last participant will be instructed to mail it back. My hope is to create a true, collaborative art doll diary unmatched by any single effort.


If you are interested in this please leave a comment here or join me on The Artful Paper Doll Ning network and I will add you to my list. If a participant does not know who to send the doll to next, they can contact me and I will match you up with someone from my list here.

7 comments:

Renee Troy said...

Hi Kitty,
I am interested in joining your traveling paper art doll. I hope to hear from you.
Renee

Unknown said...

Hi Renee,

I would be delighted to add you to my list. I will send you an invitation to the group and welcome aboard! ;)

Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie

andrea said...

This is such a sweet project! I can't wait to see what happens.

Unknown said...

Thank you Adrea. What a pleasure and an honor to have someone with an involvement in the original project with us. I am deeply appreciative. ;)

Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie

Karen said...

I'm a newcomer, but this concept has completely captured my imagination.
If there is another group formed or if there is a time I could become part of this endeavor, please let me know!
Karen

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am so excited to get my doll! Thanks for all the fun. Blessings.

Laura Haviland said...

Kitty this is fun,I am interested in joining must go check it out.
I adore your blog !!
Happy creating,Hugs Laura.
Your are so artful, fits so well. xoxx