Friday, July 31, 2009

Wine Lover's Delight ~ Staying cool in Sizzling Seattle

When faced with record breaking temperatures in the tripple digits, what's a girl to do in a house with no AC? Forget the shopping, a cool beverage and some pallet cleansing fare will do me just fine. The Traveling "paper" Art Doll Symposium's (TADS) Doll No. 3 toured the wineries of the Northwest this week when Heidi added her creative style to the project with this magnificent journal entry. Thank you Heidi, I enjoyed the story.


Today I went wine tasting. It's so beautiful to walk into a winery with its fresh flowers, colors, scents and of course wine! I sipped both the white and red, 5 different kinds, sampled salty, crunchy crackers and bits of cheese in between each pour.


The wine maker was there explaining how they grow the grapes, which varieties are best and what food is best paired with each wine. I learn so much about wine when I go tasting. One of my favorite parts is to try and guess the other flavors that make an appearance along with the grapes such as black cherry, currants, sage, chocolate and any number of other tastes and smells. Then I try to see if it matches the description on the label. Sometimes I even get it right! All in all, one of my favorite days and I am thrilled to be able to share it with you. It's official, I'm a wine lover.

Cheers!
xoxo
~Kitty Kellie

To find out more about the Traveling "paper" Art Doll Symposium (TADS) project, click the link to go there. To sign up, leave a comment stating so on the TADS Official Sign Up

1 comment:

pinkglitterfae said...

sounds like you had a great time Kitty! What a great way to spend the day :-)
I live close to the Niagara region, which is known for vineyards among other things, and I have yet to go to a wine tasting, shocking! lol

stay cool!