Monday, June 8, 2009

Wisteria Dreams: Doll No. 4 Off to Beautiful Connecticut


There is something so romantically delicious about a garden. As blossoming wisteria cascades eagerly around my arbor columns like fairies bursting with a great story to share, I become one with nature's song. She is my quiet, shady retreat where the life force of the soul meets the creativity of the mind. I have had many a conversation with the summer breezes in this sacred place and listened to her secrets being whispered upon the wings of hummingbirds. Here among the vibrant blooms, I have made friends with uncertainty and embraced possibility and in the fullness of my appreciation for the vitality my garden breathes into me each and every day, I offer up my gratitude for the sweetness of all her gentle gifts.


I was going to do a tutorial on the making of this journal page but half way through I forgot to make scans. *sigh* I guess that what happens when you become so involved in creativity. Here is Doll No. 4 and she is ready to make her way to the beautiful state of Connecticut.


For this page I wanted to do a garden theme because I love the peacefulness of a beautiful garden, especially the garden of my dreams which still lives in my dreams until it manifests as reality. Using journals as a visual aid can help you manifest dreams more quickly and so I have captured the essence of how a garden looks and feels to me. I hope you enjoy.

6 comments:

pinkglitterfae said...

yes there is something so peaceful about gardens.
Your journal page is lovely and serene that I am not surprised you got caught up in making it, and forgot to scan :-)

MaygreenFairies said...

Ohhhh she looks lovely, how wonderful that each of the dolls doing the rounds are all so different with different themes, it's so exciting!! Mandy x

Tristan Robin said...

As this paper doll is now in my hands, I have to say that the scans of the journal spread don't do the original pages justice! They're very special.

gail said...

Hi,, this is just a beautiful doll and I love the Witeria Gardens. This is so much fun.
I have added my photos of doll number one on Flickr and I am just waiting for the address to send her on her way to her next adventure!
Have a pretty day, gail

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the visits and comments. I sure do love reading them and I am having the best time watching this project!!

Tristan, thank you for your compliment on my pages. I agree with you if I do say so myself. :)

xoxo
~Kitty

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

OMG, I just noticed the pink/black mini purses!!! How KEWL!!! :) Mini pink hugs! Sassy Marsha