Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Wanna be a Cowgirl ~ TADS Project

The Traveling "paper" Art Doll Symposium's (TADS) Doll No. 4, aka Queenie, visited the wild west this week and went ridin' with Ginger Tatro at the Flying "R" Ranch. Queenie even found herself a new pony!


Queenie writes: Whew, what a trip! I arrived at the Flying "R" Ranch in good spirits and ready to tackle a new adventure. Oh, what an adventure it was! I went horseback riding and got my very own pony to ride. What a blast! I'm taking some riding clothes and a new suitcase with me on my travels now . . . and wonder where I'll wind up next . . .



When I think of the west, I think of denim, red cotton bandanas, brown boots, picturesque scenes of wide open spaces and of course ponies. I can almost hear the sound of the wind blowing across the prairies and smell the wild grasses. The details of this piece capture western life so beautifully. Ginger, thank you so very much for participating in the project. I just love this piece right down to the articulated horse!



To find out more about the Traveling "paper" Art Doll Symposium (TADS) project, click the link to go there. To sign up, leave a comment stating so on the TADS Official Sign Up

9 comments:

Sueann said...

What a wonderful adventure! I just love the western garb and the horse is fabulous!! WTG!!!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hello Kitty,

I just love the cowgirl and that horse is fabulous. Hope you are having a great week and having good weather. I've got 3-4 inches of new snow. Very pretty to look at and even better since we don't have to get out to go anywhere.

Do drop by when you have a free moment. :0)

Have a lovely day...

♥ Love & Fairy Dust ♥
Stephanie

Pom Pom said...

Hello Kitty!
I love the cowgirl. The other day I was looking for old paper dolls at the book store and EEEEEK! they did not have any. They used to and the clerk said that she gets a lot of requests for them. I guess online is the place to find them. Or I could make my own. I love it here. So dolly.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

This is exquisite!!! Anita

Julie Ann said...

Oh my gosh- I just love that horse!! And its' mane and tail-- so cute!! Thanks for sharing Ginger's work with us! :)

gail said...

Hi :) I love the cowgirl, she is great! Its been alot of fun following these dolls.

Have a pretty day, Gail

Fifi Flowers said...

CUTE cowgirl!

Becs said...

What an awesome trip for QUeenie, and what an adorable horse she has!

Fifi Flowers said...

I wanna be a cowgirl... sooo you can be my cowboy... LOL... had to sing it!
CUTE paperdoll!