Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Doll No. 2 Finds Love in the City of Love

Doll No. 2 visited Pennsylvania this past week where artist Victoria O'Neill added her flair before sending our girl on to the UK to have a visit overseas. Be sure to check out her blog for more on the story.

"I kept her in Paris and created a sparkly butterfly dress, hat, and shoes for her. I wrote a story about her search for love, printed it, then glued it right on the pages since no one can read my handwriting including myself. The background was done with markers."


"Paris is the city for lovers,
so the next task at hand is to find one.
I donned my sparkly butterfly dress,
hat and shoes and headed out the door.
I received many whistles, cat calls
and even a bottom pinch here and there
as I strutted through the city.
I came upon an elaborate entrance
to a garden path
and was enticed into a colorful meadow.
I tossed my shoes off
and began to run, skip and dance,
spinning and spinning and spinning
until I lost my balance
and fell headlong
into the suprised,
and suprisingly delightful, arms
of the most beautiful Monsieur I'd ever seen."




"After finishing playing with the doll, I took off her clothes, made a little hanger for her dress and a box to tuck her hat into. (Her shoes are glued on the pages) I placed her carefully back into her envelope/journal. Now she goes back into the box she arrived here in, and heads out over the ocean to an artist in England for another adventure."

2 comments:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

These are simply divine, Kellie! My fave colors, too. I look forward to helping her achieve a faery wardrobe of sparkle and joy. Thanks for the opportunity.
Blessings and light,
Amy

Unknown said...

Awww, you are a doll Amy. Thank you so much for the kind words and visit. Blessings and light to you as well.

xoxo
~Kitty Kellie