Saturday, May 9, 2009

TADS: Where in the World is Doll No. 1?

The Traveling "paper" Art Doll Symposium (TADS) has mailed doll number 1. North Dakota, all eyes are on you! This doll has my face on it and as mentioned in an earlier post, she will be the only doll that does.


A paper pouch with acetate window and ribbon closure was created and adhered to the cover of a journal in order to keep the two together and also keep the doll protected. I think it looks positively divine! Look for a video coming soon on how I created this.


Whoa! Double take! Scuse me but didn't I see this background covering the walls of a room in the Overlook Hotel? *insert nervous laugh* For some reason all I can think about when I see this page is the movie "The Shining."

This is actually a technique I learned from a Stampin' Up demonstration called faux silk. It is really quite a nice technique and one I plan to demo for my students. I can do that now because I am an official Stampin' Up demonstrator but more on that another time.



When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother what will I be?
Will I be pretty? Will I be rich?
Here's what she said to me.


I feel like I do when I'm about to go on one of my cruises. There's excitement about what is to come but also a litte sadness about leaving the familiar behind for awhile and getting out of my routine. It's as if I intuitively know that somehow deep inside I'll come back forever changed by the experience, if only just a little. I always do!

So, here I am, naked and alone about to make friends with the world as they lovingly add their creative expression to my paper form. Like the lonely child it is here on these pages I take my first steps away from fear and into the known.
xoxo
~Kitty Kellie

6 comments:

Artist Victoria O'Neill said...

and away she goes...off to a wonderful start......!

Ann said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I can hardly wait until she travels to me!!

gail said...

So Pretty, I cant wait to meet her in person :) LOL
Happy Creating and happy traveling little paper doll!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You are so gifted and I am blessed to have met you. Wishes, Amy

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your visits girls. I am so excited to see so much enthusiasm for this project.

Wishing you all fairy magic for a positively beautiful day!

xoxo
~Kellie

coffeemonkey said...

She's so beautiful! And your blog is asbolutely fascinating...**off to read some more**